Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - WTC Proposals - Thompson Plan

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Robert Thompson on February 03, 2003 at 17:56:10:

I've posted this message on another forum but would also like to post it here. I'm trying to get a bit of feedback, opinion, and hopefully support. I am yet another one of those who has come up with their own design for the WTC redevelopment. It probably seems exhausting alread -- *another* design by some nobody with no real architectural skill. I beg for just a moments consideration. I really think my plan is both different and good. I have tried hard to make a design which is both triumphant and sombre, each in its place. I have also tried to make a design both human and dignified. I think everyone has had enough of all these sculptural monstrosities posing as buildings.

Please have a look: http://www.american-journey.com

Some initial responses:

--
you didn't enter your idea, as rudimentary as your drawing skills may be, your concept is better than anything I've seen touted for the new center.

--
I think your idea is beautiful, but the sad thing is that there's too much 'open' space that the city would not be able to make money off of and the owners of the property want to be able to lease out more than a one story office commerical space.

But - I really think your designs were better than what we've seen!

--
The tower is nice, I'd love to see a green glass tower like that. The WTC arches/columns around the reflection pools are wonderful!

--
Excellent ideas!  Too bad you didn’t enter them.  Your ideas were a vast improvement over anything I have seen!

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/25269.html