Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Design is getting a bit advanced for me, help needed please

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Chris on February 05, 2003 at 10:34:16:

Ok I am a student currently working on my degree piece. Its a mueseum and art college located in the middle of a city in scotland, the site is in the middle of a flood plain and has flood defence incorporated into it. My scheme has a 11 metre high building that is incorporated into the flood defense and is very dense and solid, punching through this solid and snaking its way out into the river is a slender bridge that starts spiralling in upon itself to form a shell like form in the water, that floats and contains a cafe and teh art school, since the water is tidal the building will raise and fall with tide as well as providing an interesting new look on the city (about a page of poncy art words here to describe the aim of this building). However now I am trying to take this floating spiral form the concept model into actual plans I am hitting upon a big problem, how on earth do you model a 3d spiral?????? I got teh 3d spiral lisp command for autocad which doesnt seem to work, and my other fave cad program is bryce and you cant do it in that either. Any ideas or places I could look?? I can provide photos of my models if that would help you to understand it. Many thanks
Chris

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Please follow up at our  Architecture Students Forum

Architecture Forum | Students Forum | Scrapbook | Home Design | 3D Gallery | E-Design

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/25305.html