Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: Exciting new Berlin architecture

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Per Corell on February 08, 2003 at 06:07:59:

In Reply to:  Exciting new Berlin architecture posted by Daniel on February 07, 2003 at 19:22:56:

Hi
I only visited Berlin once round two years ago, and used the metro system and the bikes we could rent at the hotel , ------- this was a nice experience and I filled the Digital camera with a lot of exiting architecture. Now as I am not an academic, this travel was an exchouse for another task, and manuvering two children around on bikes was not that difficult as I would expect, esp. as one have a bit trouble focusing at more than one item at one time.
But what I sensed was I guess the spirit of this town that is very special and what was missing concerning architecture proberly wouldn't be worth saving anyway. Except somtimes it was a bit scaring, when you know that "here" where all these new volumes in glass and steel was build, ---- at for instance the Alexandre platz, it was a very strange feeling.
What I realy liked about Berlin was the Metro system ; as the germans say , within 5 minuts wherever you are, you can reach a Metro station, and get wherever in the town , in reach of 5 minuts walk just anywhere.

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/25382.html