Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: ArchitectureWeek - Thanks, But No Thanks...

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Clinton Gallagher on February 10, 2003 at 09:31:18:

In Reply to:  ArchitectureWeek - 2003.0205 posted by Lawrence Scarpa on February 06, 2003 at 20:38:24:

The Wisconsin Society of Architects sponsored an Architectural Awareness Week for which I volunteered as I was at that time a degreed architect and an associate member.

The theme was Planning and Computer Aided Design. In those days of the early 1990s I was a recognized expert. The initiative included publishing a booklet that was underwritten by advertising raised by the authors such as myself whose articles and drawings would be published in the booklet.

I was approached by Curt Zimmerman from Zimmerman Design Group, the largest firm in the Milwaukee, Wisconsin region. He attempted to brwo beat me demanding I drop the subject of my contribution "Information Technology: Planning for the Future Today" and contribute something else so he could present himself in the context of an expert, which he was not.

I said no as I had already drafted the contribution and had already secured financial underwriters from the community: other A/E/C firms in the forefront of appying the principles of IT to A/E/C endeavors.

When the booklet was published I discovered my contribution had been vandalized. My position as the expert in this context was usurped, the title and theme of my article was changed and given to Zimmerman Design who had also plagiarized CAD drawings from Herman Miller systems furniture catalogs and included them in their contribution claiming them as their own while falsely presenting themselves as experts in Computer Aided Design and the application of IT in the planning process.

At our next A.I.A. chapter meeting I attempted to discuss the vandalism and plagiarism. I was taken into the hall by the then chapter president Walter Wilson who gave me the 'I am a house nigger' sob story about being black stating if he attempted to do or say anything about this he would never get work again. When I insisted he represent me the cowardly 'house nigger Wilson' threatened to call the police on me.

I have also had design drawings stolen from me and used by others who profitted from their thievery. Whitney Gould falsely reports that Ken Kay from San Francisco designed Milwaukee's River Walk. SEE: http://www.metromilwaukee.com/

MILWAUKEE WISCONSIN IS A SH!THOLE OF CORRUPTION

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/25406.html