Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: young and modern to old and respected - universal coverage

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Gary R on February 10, 2003 at 12:01:14:

In Reply to:  Re: young and modern to old and respected - universal coverage posted by JWmHarmon on February 06, 2003 at 13:28:31:

Sounds like a great idea. Let me know when it's done. ;)

Seriously, though, have you seen Terraserver? So far, it covers the entire U.S., including Alaska. You can see, in great detail, aerial photos of any place in the United States, digitally stitched together to form one continous image. Try it. Start at any point and scroll in any direction. You'll get tired of clicking and dragging long before you've covered even 100 miles, let alone the whole country. I have used this site to view some of the houses my ancestors lived in over two hundred years ago! You can search for a specific address and then see the house and its surounding area. The only drawback is that the photos used are from several different photo surveys shot during the 1970s through mid-1990s, so recent structures are absent. On the other hand, if you want to see what an area looked like prior to the construction of a building, it's a great tool.

http://terraserver.homeadvisor.msn.com/default.aspx

Gary

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/25412.html