Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: Building structure by the press of a button

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Per Corell on February 12, 2003 at 07:44:24:

In Reply to:  Re: Building structure by the press of a button posted by Gary R on February 10, 2003 at 11:48:20:

Hi
The framework that is generated automaticly will be much strunger when added a paneling ; ---- I forget this all the time proberly caused my facination about the structure, and I forget to point out, that any tradisinal structure seem just as pointed and complicated without "paneling", ---- you get a bit narrow minded about pony's.

Please don't think that when I talk about geostatic structures, that I do so to "attack" this kind of structures ; though they are "weak" compared 3D-H structures but these two are kind of opposite types of structures. I focused a lot about the sheet material and single type production equipment, and I also repeated a few times, that tradisional structures carry 20 different types of extruded steel profiles, where 3D-H is based on one type of material only.
Now I need to talk around these issues and make the bait even more juicy, as whenever the production get the clue , I will need countless of resons to make the mistakes and numorous of promises to promote the develobment of a tool that with a press of a button will generate the N.C. codes for any building structure, -------- please se it like this, that hardly any test structure except the computer models show the options, but on the other hand, the number of arguments seem to grow all the time.
Contractors will need the carrot that this will build at a third somthing four times as strong, ----- but it will be the manufactores of sheet materials that will be making most profit , just emagine the amount of other materials that can be replaced with simple sheet materials.
Now the Dome in the graphic don't offer the surface as the geostatic Dome do ,but it show a few of the possible options ; walls and floors in one with the frames for the outher surfaces that _any_ structure will need paneling for anyway.

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/25456.html