Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: Structural Ceramics - Key to Terror-Resistant Skyscrapers?

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Per Corell on February 17, 2003 at 07:40:36:

In Reply to:  Re: Structural Ceramics - Key to Terror-Resistant Skyscrapers? posted by Gary R on February 17, 2003 at 04:47:34:

Hi
I am quite sure we will se some very resistant materials in the future, beside those already here as the Ceramics materials , my problem occour when thinking extruted materials ; --- I simply can not get this to fit with the basic idear with 3D-H, that "the material" is a sheet material that is cur "2D" , with water or laser cutter to form an assembly frame. I don't doubt that Ceramics will perform well made in space esp. produced there, but maby I am to bound in old boatbuilder habits to se how a material that I guess in princip are melted and "cast" into shape, can work in a "low tech" method as 3D-H acturly is. ( compared ).
Still a few details ; ------ one tube within another make two hollow spaces and only the outside one need to be water filled ; the inner core will then lead away the steam internal in the structure.
"Glassed" and with a fluid or gas to remove the heat ,Ceramics already work fine esp. with the top quality coating we shuld expect with modern materials -------- now I better stop before I describe a cooling system for a space craft, made as a fraktal shaped 3D-H , working mechanics into design, Weight anyway will make a shutdown for all dreams even you circulate hallon's , even manufactoring acturly allow spacecraft's made in Titanium , Romans alway's will produce these in epoxies ;))

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/25559.html