Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: Structural Ceramics - How about armor plating

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Per Corell on February 17, 2003 at 13:06:22:

In Reply to:  Re: Structural Ceramics - How about armor plating posted by Gary R on February 17, 2003 at 11:23:18:

Do you agrea that architects shuld build a world that can take the impac of terrorists ?
That our houses shuld be fortreses and pyramides and that we shal develob materials on these terms ; I don't as you seen ,as I think that the role of the architecture is not to build a fortress or a plane safe building, but to build the inviroment, that make sure we live in humane surroundings.
3 times, I explained carefully, that 3D-H is no good as a carrier for for ponyes ---- others ponyes that is. 3 times I tried to explain what 3D-H is and it is not somthing that is extruded, but it's a better armor than you will emagine and will restand with many times the strength of each individual frame , but what's the use explain this feature.
Architecture is not about forcing this or that material into a box, architecture is much more than this ; obviously you don't even se.

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/25569.html