Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: Dear Per Corell

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Per Corell on February 19, 2003 at 11:37:16:

In Reply to:  Re: Dear Per Corell posted by Jim Majors on February 19, 2003 at 09:41:06:

Hi
Now most CAD programs are the same ; the manufactoring mashines obviously avaible is not just laser and water plus C.N.C .
Pośylines are the same in many applications and Splines are a problem for most laser or water cutters, nomatter how cheap everything is produced, The DWG format been paied twice just in your window system and Solids kind of are the same concept ,showing up on screen or processed as the app. ask when you input the name of a function or as I prefere, with some kind of recursive function, to place all the nice brickworks.
There are pounching mashines that outrage any laser or water cutter "printing" holes in sheet materials nomatter decorative, by assembly design or just becaurse it's so nice. Pounching mashines work much safer and quicker from what I been told, and will eat steel plate and produce the same as laser or water cutters, much more easy ; you proberly don't even need a CAD application for a lot.
Now the programs I used was given to me, I can emagine the possible tools with on-screen pointers but when you develob a digital tool like what I proberly been doing, you need a program, an evaluator and a lot of trust in the new technology. This site been a very nice platform for an ignorant designer ,I had trouble enough having an intiligent pen plotter wiered and eating paper and I never realy had "my own" computer ; --------- What programs do Dinosaurs use ?
AutoCAD and 3Ds plus a few more, nothing wrong with pre. release.
But this site is not an AutoCAD site maby without I know, as who would think that you can't tell the difference between Ms. and AutoDesk.
My obsession from the start was the tools to produce what I emagined, and when not there, it's nice with a way to make it there ; that's why Dinosaurs speak aincient Lisp ;))
Will it work or not, then applikations is simple code , ------- still I never realy wanted to promote specific CAD programs, they all do the same.

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/25616.html