Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - ???????????

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  jon on February 25, 2003 at 18:41:35:

In Reply to:  The World Changes... thats why. posted by PAul on February 25, 2003 at 16:24:02:

Paul, At my college the grad program consists of pre-thesis, thesis, theroy, Prof.Pratice, and a couple elective. the classes where you learn how buildings are put together and structrual systems is in the undergrad. Nothing in the grad program would help you design a building better. I have been told that most of what youll need to know for the registering exam, you learn on-the-job. This same person said the M.arch program is more of a "weeding out". Its not they will be better architects, but it will look like there more serious because of the degree. The funnny thing is, in college I had several teachers that did not have a masters. These teachers were just as sucesfull and good than the ones with the higher degrees. The dean of the school had his Ph.d and I dont think he would know which end of a hammer to hold.

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/25745.html