Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: PC at Design Community? Nah! Surely Not!

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Gary R on February 27, 2003 at 11:10:34:

In Reply to:  Re: PC at Design Community? Nah! Surely Not! posted by Richard Haut on February 27, 2003 at 10:32:32:

I'll respond to this, even though my words will be deleted by the end of the day, while your twisted, venomous views remain.

"Kevin can censor what he likes - it is a private forum"

Ummm....no, it isn't "private" in any sense. The fact that anyone can come here and post a message without registration or membership being required suggests it is a "public" forum. As for Kevin, he may be empowered to delete what he personally disagrees with, but what does that say about him? In my opinion, he's a tyrant, imposing his own views by deleting the posts of those he disagrees with, while leaving those he agrees with. This is America (where I am, anyway; I don't know where you are), and freedom of thought and expression are our most cherished values.

I'm not "keen" to go to war, Richard, but sometimes war is not only inevitable, but necessary in order to preserve the freedom of expression that we enjoy in this country. Our nation was attacked on its own soil by terrorists, who draw support partly from Sadaam Hussein's regime. Hussein is an evil dictator who has murdered members of his own family, not to mention thousands of his own people, just to maintain the power he seized by military force. If this madman is allowed to go unchecked for much longer, he will eventually have nuclear weapons, as well as the biological and chemical weapons we all know he already has (and has used on the Kurds, in Northern Iraq). At that point, he will be a menace to the entire world, including the U.S. and whatever country YOU call home. That is why we are going to war. If this hasn't been made clear to you yet, I suggest you spend more time watching the news or reading a newspaper, as you are obviously uniformed of what is happening in the world.

"Old man?" I may be over 50, but I look like I'm forty, and that's something most of you are not likely to equal in your own lives. Furthermore, I served in the U.S. Air Force during the Viet Nam War, so I've already put in my service to my country. What have you done, aside from spew your ill-informed adolescent rants on the internet? You know nothing about me.

YOU'RE my age???!!!! You should be ashamed of yourself, then, for being so immature, not to mention so ignorant of geopolitics as to be mistaken for a teenager by those of your own generation! All I've had to go by, in assessing your relative age, are your words and thoughts, and you have demonstrated, through those words and thoughts, that you are terribly immature, unbelievably naive, and that you have the mentality of a 16-year-old.

I don't have "accidents in the street." That's how I survived to be over 50. As for my wallet, it's securely in my back pocket and anyone attempting to remove it will have his arm broken, so, frankly, I'm not worried about street crime. I can take care of myself quite handily, thank you. By the way, isn't it interesting that, in Britain, which has traditionally claimed to be some much more "civilized" that the police don't need guns, now you have an escalating crime rate and the bobbies are forced to carry submachine guns now to protect themselves, not only from the IRA (I believe we've only had two terrorist bombings here in the U.S. How many have you had over there, now? Lost count?), but now from Al Qaeda terrorists, as well. I suppose you don't feel threatened by that, eh?

Gary

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/25831.html