Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: PC at Design Community? Nah! Surely Not! - Let's all be civil

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  JWmHarmon on February 27, 2003 at 11:25:39:

In Reply to:  PC at Design Community? Nah! Surely Not! posted by Gary R on February 27, 2003 at 09:32:54:

I'm not quite sure which remarks you have made that have been deleted. I personally am not offended by others' remarks. I do think some posts have been inappropriate and have notified "the authorities" only to the extent that the posts were simply not relevant to the topics generally seen in this forum or were interpretted as personal attacks on the contributor.

Each of us should ask ourselves when we post here if this is related to architecture. You can often find a way to relate what you have to say to architecture. For example, if one wants to criticize the unleashing of "the dogs of war," then one can relate how this affects architecture or the people who inhabit that architecture. What will be the effect of war or terrorism on the architecture of the world? One need only look at the results of the intentional bombing of the WTC to see the effects of war.

William Tecumseh Sherman stated that "war is hell." Can anyone who has witnessed the results of war believe otherwise? War is hell for people and war is hell for architecture.

By all means express your opinion, but do not be offended if "the powers that be" erase some of your comments. We should all be stating positive observations or sincerely stating reasons for what may appear to some to be negative comments as they relate to architecture and the related topics that arise here.

It really contributes nothing to the discussion of ideas if someone posts vulgarities, personal attacks, or clearly offensive racial, ethnic, or other slurs that have nothing to do with architecture.

I, for one, appreciate the opportunity to participate as a guest in this forum. I hope that all others here will respect the opinions that others offer. By submitting an opinion one recognizes that others may criticize that opinion. I hope that everyone can do that without criticizing the person expressing the opinion.

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/25833.html