Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: Housing 40 million Americans:keep it simple.

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  David on March 20, 2003 at 15:06:22:

In Reply to:  Re: Housing 40 million Americans posted by Rog the Dodge on March 19, 2003 at 14:27:09:

I believe in minimalism or simplicity when it comes to low income housing,,I know that we could house twice as many if we made the spaces smaller and more space efficient,of course it takes good design to make a small space comfortable,but i think its fair to the tax payers that we don't just copy middle class ideas of shelter,,but think basic decent simple warm dry individual space within a multi-unit building..small rooms like the lodging houses which were torn down in the 60s and 70s but more energy efficient and space efficient and easy to clean and durable..a nice building of 2 stories or 3 with small rooms rented by single people as basic inexpensive shelter,a place to call ones own for writers,artists,and other people who have better things to do with their lives than keep up with the jones's..i believe this would also relieve pressure on the earths' carrying capacity because i think it would discourage marriage and children which is one of the cynical schemes which Global Capitalism has used to enslave people with debt and mortgage and crushing responsibility....we must make children much less of a sort of tradition obligation,as something that everyone should want...especially now that the Earth is suffering from so much of a Pollution Burden that it can not clean its water and air and soil...

ArchitectureWeek     Buildings     Architects     Types & Styles     Search
Library     Places     Building Photos     Free 3D Models     Archiplanet

Architecture Search   by name of Building, Architect, or Place:

Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"
Advanced Search

Post a Response -

Subject:       

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Architecture Forum | Students Forum | Scrapbook | Home Design | 3D Gallery | E-Design

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/discussion/26253.html