Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: Housing 40 million Americans:keep it simple.

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  David on March 21, 2003 at 10:37:37:

In Reply to:  Re: Housing 40 million Americans:keep it simple. posted by Peter B on March 21, 2003 at 08:01:18:

No,I'm thinking of small 2 and 3 story lodging houses with maybe 16 or even 24 small rooms at scattered sites close to grocery stores and on bus routes for folks without cars,I think its time again to design for carfree living...these buildings would fit into the neighborhood whether zone2 commercial or commercial/housing and i don't think they will need any security as long as,like the Lodging houses,you have a resident manager who cleans and collects the rent in exchange for free rent...I don't think poor folks use any more drugs than Rich folks or that they are more prone to crime if they have decent housing and a job..

ArchitectureWeek     Buildings     Architects     Types & Styles     Search
Library     Places     Building Photos     Free 3D Models     Archiplanet

Architecture Search   by name of Building, Architect, or Place:

Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"
Advanced Search

Post a Response -

Subject:       

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Architecture Forum | Students Forum | Scrapbook | Home Design | 3D Gallery | E-Design

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/discussion/26262.html