Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - A Man Snug In His Home

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Barry Lloyd Wright on April 04, 2003 at 12:51:19:

This was posted several months ago & I wanted to share it with you again. ENJOY!

A Man Snug In His Home
By Barry W.

As I sit all cozy comfy in my fully retractable lounge chair in my living room, snacking on freshly bought coffee cake from WaWa and sipping my hot cup of freshly brewed Lipton Tea made in my modern convenient kitchen, I am oblivious to the outside world. It is at times like this I could give a hoot as to what is happening in the world around me. I am the center of my own universe and I feel everything revolves around me.

As I flip through the remote control scrolling through 99 channels on TV and hardly finding anything interesting at all provided to me from Comcast Cable Company I turn it off and head into my office to turn on my PC.

Ahhh, now thatís more like it. I now have the world at my fingertips. Now who cares about my neighbors? Who cares about my social life? Who cares if Iím isolated and all alone? I have my trusty PC at hand Ė as long as the power doesnít go out thatís provided by GPU Electric Company. Thank God thereís no
Bad storm out with high winds or I could have cable problems too.

Hey, its cold in my house, I think Iíll crank up the heat that is natural gas provided to me from my natural gas company. Iím still hungry, I think Iíll go into the kitchen to fry up something hot and good on my trusty old natural gas stove to do some old fashioned cooking. Perhaps Iíll open up a can of stew that I bought from Shop-Rite as a way of cooking a fast meal.

Yes, being all nestled in my home with all my bills paid, a steady income coming in from a secure job, I feel at peace with myself and do not need anything else right now. Not until I have to run back out to stores to do more shopping.

What is the moral of this story? A man would not be all cozy comfy snuggled in his home if he wasnít so dependent on utility companies and money. Just use your imagination and let your thoughts wonder into other things as well. The above story is made to be expanded upon for any creative and imaginative thinker types.

ArchitectureWeek     Buildings     Architects     Types & Styles     Search
Library     Places     Building Photos     Free 3D Models     Archiplanet

Architecture Search   by name of Building, Architect, or Place:

Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"
Advanced Search

Post a Response -

Subject:       

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Architecture Forum | Students Forum | Scrapbook | Home Design | 3D Gallery | E-Design

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/discussion/26520.html