Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: Tell me what you think of this project (pic included)

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Manuel Oliveros on April 14, 2003 at 10:30:25:

In Reply to:  Tell me what you think of this project (pic included) posted by Mark Baker on April 13, 2003 at 21:28:42:

I think is technically daunting and this alone is a value. However technical performance is not an equal of the many services architecture produces, hence I see the average 7 points the voters are given represent a balanced appraisal of the value of this building.

Aesthetically the lightness of the supports is sounterweighed by the massive body, which furthermore has boot shape. Then the design is bold but aesthetically lacks equilibrium enough.

But surely the site and ordinances and use are difficulties to get a more equilibrated aesthetics.

In more than that the building might be too focused in its form to be adapted to its use (except its main use is display) ... but this hs happened before with many successful and unsucessful buildings.

In sort, I value the boldness of the solution but see this same boldness curtailing fitness for use. Aesthetically, contrarily, I think is more use and ordinances what prevents the architect/s delivering a more pleasant and equilibrated form.

ArchitectureWeek     Buildings     Architects     Types & Styles     Search
Library     Places     Building Photos     Free 3D Models     Archiplanet

Architecture Search   by name of Building, Architect, or Place:

Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"
Advanced Search

Post a Response -

Subject:       

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Architecture Forum | Students Forum | Scrapbook | Home Design | 3D Gallery | E-Design

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/discussion/26701.html