Posted by Tom Alsop on May 03, 2003 at 21:58:49:
In Reply to: What do you think of Liquid Ceramic Insulation posted by S D Lawson on April 08, 2003 at 11:22:59:
Liquid Ceramic is the registered trademark brand of high performance architectural coating distributed by Liquid Ceramic International, Inc. in Charlotte, North Carolina.
The website gives you all of the pertinent information, but here's a brief description of the product:
- it's available in both exterior and interior
- the DOE does not allow an "R-rating" for thin-membrane coatings used for vertical surfaces, but our product has been tested against R-24 insulation batting and the two products graph-out very similarly.
- the exterior product will have a thickness of .0010 to .0012 inches (10-12 mils thick)
- it has the highest known perm rate in the industry (20) which, although it is elastomeric, it breathes very well
- it goes well over virtually any exterior substrate, including stucco, brick, masonite, all wood surfaces, and even some vinyl siding products
- it can be tinted to any color any other product can be tinted to
- it is being used on the BobVila.com EnergyWise House and has been highlighted on the CBS Early Show with Bryant Gumbel (Nov. '01)
For more info, call 1-800-466-2691. Dealership opportunities still available.
Types & Styles
Library Places Building Photos Free 3D Models Archiplanet