Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: Are we being "crippled" by visionary professors?

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Per Corell on May 21, 2003 at 04:35:37:

In Reply to:  Are we being "crippled" by visionary professors? posted by Amila on May 19, 2003 at 20:37:11:

Hi
I think you have a greater chance finding a niche than your your more revolusionary friends.
What you learn you will maby first realise in years and realy it shuldn't be the job of students to revolusionise the Architecture ; my experience from the time I spended at the acadamy is, that all the works of my fellow students was rather an attempt to find an aproach in terms of both the profesional aspects, ------ that show very different when they found a studio for practic, and the personal process changing your view about architecture is.
Do you expect the octopus role where you are the trusted employee everyone can lean to in a small firm or have you allready gathered enough feel to point to the right place for the windows and the type of door handle , ------- there be niches everywhere you just need the basic skills and a bit of luck or being mature enough to know , that you work for the client .
Lots of students found other leads , but very few havn't gained and even you don't se this as anything but a job, you allway's will have a solid foundation to decide your surroundings , know why this or that feature carry some quality and what is fake.
--------- A lot of people go thru education system without ever seeing ,or without learning to se these facts, and even you don't get a job doing what you expect , you will know right from wrong in terms of architecture ; that can turn out more important than you think studying, as it bring some ballast into your life.
Now sorry about my arogant aproach, but for a few it is rather a process where you must find your values and realise facts, ---- surely sculptecture is an interesting aproach, but when you dig deeper into the actural material of it, you will get quite disapointed about the lack of detail and sorry to say ; the all important knowleage of the tools offering this artistic freedom , still the creative process is somthing that either need to develob unless you have a natural talent ,and as most don't just have that, you will need to develob your skills , this you do with the detail not the huge perspective .
Guess 2 or 3 out of 15 even found a job in a studio, when they started there the studio as allway's complained , that they acturly had to re educate to fit to real life architecture.

ArchitectureWeek     Buildings     Architects     Types & Styles     Search
Library     Places     Building Photos     Free 3D Models     Archiplanet

Architecture Search   by name of Building, Architect, or Place:

Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"
Advanced Search

Post a Response -

Subject:       

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Architecture Forum | Students Forum | Scrapbook | Home Design | 3D Gallery | E-Design

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/discussion/27271.html