Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Exhibition areas that are transparent

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Chris on May 23, 2003 at 04:15:32:

As part of a current project I am proposing that large paintings be hung on a translucent polycarbonate wall, the idea is that the wall is translucent and you can read the position of the paintings from the outside and the inside has this wonderful warm diffuse light. I am trying to find precedents and the only convincing one I can find is the national portrait gallery in london that has paintings hung on glass partitions. Zumpthor's art galery in bregenz has the external apearence I am aiming for yet teh interior is concrete so the transparency is avoided. Does anyone know of any other examples or systems for doing what I propose, I am worried that the translucent polycarbonate will contrast against the pictures far too much and wash the colours out.
Many thanks
Chris

ArchitectureWeek     Buildings     Architects     Types & Styles     Search
Library     Places     Building Photos     Free 3D Models     Archiplanet

Architecture Search   by name of Building, Architect, or Place:

Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"
Advanced Search

Post a Response -

Subject:       

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Architecture Forum | Students Forum | Scrapbook | Home Design | 3D Gallery | E-Design

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/discussion/27313.html