Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: What will society be like in the future so we know what we need to design?

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Ruud van Heyningen on June 04, 2003 at 05:30:00:

In Reply to:  Re: What will society be like in the future so we know what we need to design? posted by Per Corell on June 03, 2003 at 10:49:57:

I wasn't being hostile to new developments, because that isn't new.

Thats why i suggested looking at the web of north holland by Kas Oosterhuis as it was constructed using a file to factory process. A 3-d model made in Rhino was used by the steel manufacturers to make all the components which were then welded together.

But the frame of course has to be looked at by an engineer to make sure it is structurally sound, just making a computer model of it and saying 'this is it' as you are suggesting doesn't work.

You gave no indication of what the materials were or how it would be constructed that was what i was saying, i was offering you the chance to explain it PROPERLY.

You said at the end of your message that why should new developments look like what already exists. Yes!! that was my point to you. The model you showed has a regular pitched roof like any po-mo building going up right now all over the world, why would you develop a new construction system for something that is already satisfactory and out of date?

All I wanted to point out is that fancy computer images are not enough its needs much much more explanation and exploration into the practical nature of it.

ArchitectureWeek     Buildings     Architects     Types & Styles     Search
Library     Places     Building Photos     Free 3D Models     Archiplanet

Architecture Search   by name of Building, Architect, or Place:

Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"
Advanced Search

Post a Response -

Subject:       

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Architecture Forum | Students Forum | Scrapbook | Home Design | 3D Gallery | E-Design

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/discussion/27535.html