Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Future in architecture?

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  MJE on June 10, 2003 at 20:42:34:

I am a student of architecture in my 2nd year. I enjoy visiting this site occasionally just to read about the different things people have to say. But it seems like every time I come here I end up reading somebodys rant about how horrible being an architect really is. Low pay, lots of ass-kissing, no life outside of the office, the list goes on and on. Up until now I have remained optimistic about my future career and disregarded these comments as coming from people who are bitter and spiteful because of their own shortcomings in their professional lives. However I am now seeing these comments far too often to ignore any longer. The thing is, I really do have a love of architecture and design but I want to be able to raise a family and enjoy my life as well as my career. At this point in time I am not thinking at all of changing career paths but I am getting a little worried about what the future might hold. Can anyone out there tell me more about a career in architecture without going off the deep end of negativity? I'm pretty sure that there has got to architects out there who love what they do and make a good living at it.

ArchitectureWeek     Buildings     Architects     Types & Styles     Search
Library     Places     Building Photos     Free 3D Models     Archiplanet

Architecture Search   by name of Building, Architect, or Place:

Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"
Advanced Search

Post a Response -

Subject:       

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Architecture Forum | Students Forum | Scrapbook | Home Design | 3D Gallery | E-Design

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/discussion/27639.html