Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: Does anyone have advice about Grad School Programs ?

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  C. Windsor on June 14, 2003 at 03:15:21:

In Reply to:  Re: Does anyone have advice about Grad School Programs ? posted by Zephyr on June 13, 2003 at 21:50:48:

Hi Zephyr,

First, I think it is an advantage that you have coming from a different culture and being trained in China as an architect. There certainly is a distinct advantage there. I am so impressed by your background.

I am not sure if it is difficult to get a tuition waver plus a TA or RA. However, I can certainly seek out that information for you if you are having difficulty reaching people in different programs in the US. Have you ever traveled to the US before? Are there any particular schools that you are interested in? Places/cities you might want to be in, that you would feel more comfortable in than others? Would you want to be in a big city versus a smaller one? I am trying to think what kind of atmosphere/environment would best fit your needs... Since it might be a big transition from China to the US... if you have family in one city, it might be good to be near them as well to help you through the process.

Although I am no expert in the field, I would say that you have a lot of advantages that make you a truly unique candidate for any program, considering your degrees and facility/knowledge of language.

Please let me know if there are any specifications you might have about where you might want to be so I might be able to help you further.

Thank you,
C.

ArchitectureWeek     Buildings     Architects     Types & Styles     Search
Library     Places     Building Photos     Free 3D Models     Archiplanet

Architecture Search   by name of Building, Architect, or Place:

Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"
Advanced Search

Post a Response -

Subject:       

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Architecture Forum | Students Forum | Scrapbook | Home Design | 3D Gallery | E-Design

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/discussion/27688.html