Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: Buying Drawings

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Per Corell on June 15, 2003 at 13:11:43:

In Reply to:  Re: Buying Drawings posted by Richard Haut on June 14, 2003 at 14:30:00:

Hi
I love Russian architects acturly one of the few architecture books I have, is about the develobment in methods and architecture in Russia between 1903 and some dull date in the late Stalin years ; factory buildings and true architecture in a way everyone can understand.
Still this choice of design work all modern materials and can be made better, ---- they did not even have the computer, architects struggle today. But if they had, they proberly produce the thing with a direct link. Want to se how primitive houses is fast build in on-site produced forms ; check the Russians ;))
Most of modern architecture is already inspired by this periode and those architects, even today we would profit much more, by realising the Digital options, others than those to make more paper. Whenever I the recent years checked won competitions at local arear ; check the russians there alway's be one ,where you can directly measure, that the idear was borrowed here in 1921, by some Russian ,Stalin aloved doing factories . Still today is different , today wa have a new tool to chose ,this is why I think that even the memorial for WTC ,can easily be designed ,to hold Subway , one road thru the intire arear ,with parking access to the Memorial, that will span in parts 12 floors and others 3. Shopping and culture no problem ,as this is only the start point for the progress. You can build whatever, and much more freely than how Bilbao was formed, much cheaper and stronger now 20 years later.
Easy to envision everything solved with WTC restructure , the Memorial is easy done down 20 meters and even up a few floors if you want, --------- Now what do you want, make no money ????
That the Memorial shuld be any problem, for a skilled designer is not true ; These problems can as you know, be solved. Technology is cheap as you know, esp. when it's so simple even a child can master, that is my ideals about a decent Digital competition that critics shuld keep shut if they realy want progress and jobs. In german the word for computer is regener , that is a mashin for calculating as you know, you get what you pay, 3D-H bring the structure not an emty zero thickness mesh in pipes or 3D-Lines , 3D-Honeycomb acturly bring the floors and walls, the structure, and this is the form. Build it from "known geometrics" but produce an exiting angled framework then the engineers are glad .

What about that art that havn't found it's feet or the true progressive Digital building methods. Even Stalin would have invested in sheet material manufactoring done by engineers from the local university ,that's what I like to about this periode architecture, they was scared of nothing ;))

Now for the sad part ; for the past long periode I used CAD Architecture re-invented each and every trendy style tree times already, You acturly never got more clever, after you asked why the crative shuld be Post-modern this or that trendy style, Now everyone think he is a Russian but you also have to understand why a Direct link is so important. ---- It even do a nice Memorial.

P.C.
Dinusaurs spark when they move as they are made out of steel

ArchitectureWeek     Buildings     Architects     Types & Styles     Search
Library     Places     Building Photos     Free 3D Models     Archiplanet

Architecture Search   by name of Building, Architect, or Place:

Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"
Advanced Search

Post a Response -

Subject:       

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Architecture Forum | Students Forum | Scrapbook | Home Design | 3D Gallery | E-Design

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/discussion/27717.html