Posted by Marcel Verschuren on June 16, 2003 at 05:18:21:
Posting a question....
My boss had a talk with a prospect-customer :), they are building stair-elevators for disabled people.
The customer asked him if it is possible to get the following thing:
* a sales person wants to show his customer how the staircase will look
like after the elevator is installed.
* the sales person types the numeric data into a program, like: height,
width, number off steps, etc.
* the program is then calculating and making a model of the staircase.
* this has to be done in real time ofcourse.
* the sales person shows this to his customer.
* if possible, turn the model to show it from different side.
* if possible, animate the chair, showing how it is moving up and down
I told my boss that I don't believe that there is a program of this kind.
My proposal was to:
* make animations of the 15 (or more) most used staircases with several different measurements.
* the sales-person uses a user interface to show the the right animation to the customer.
* It will not be its exact dimensions but give the customer a good idea how it works and looks.
My boss asked me to place this question on this forum (and others), to see if somebody knows a program that does what the prospect-custeomer has asked.
Thesus Talking Image
NL-5580 AD Aalst-Waalre
Tel: (+31) 40-2231616
Fax: (+31) 40-2231617
Types & Styles
Library Places Building Photos Free 3D Models Archiplanet