Message - Re: Does anyone have advice about Grad School Programs ?

    Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  steveA on June 17, 2003 at 08:56:39:

In Reply to:  Re: Does anyone have advice about Grad School Programs ? posted by Windsor on June 16, 2003 at 14:31:52:

Most "urban designers" end up working for the city planning department and probably do fairly little "design" but rather look after more quantitative subjects such as traffic, density trends, zoning regs.,development guidelines,and funding. There are a handful of private sector firms out there specializing in Urban Planning....but I think just as many of these people are architects or landscape architects. The Landscape designers seem to be the ones most involved in planning, whether it be urban systems (such as pathways, bridges, or public plazas/parks) or suburban developments.

ArchitectureWeek     Buildings     Architects     Types & Styles     Search
Library     Places     Building Photos     Free 3D Models     Archiplanet

Architecture Search   by name of Building, Architect, or Place:
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"
Advanced Search

Post a Response -


This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

    1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Architecture Forum | Students Forum | Scrapbook | Home Design | 3D Gallery | E-Design

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only.