Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - PhD invesitgation into Architectural Colour

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Paul Bailey on June 24, 2003 at 13:59:54:

Hi there,

I am a PhD Student at the University of Wolverhampton, UK, and am focusing my research on the perceptual evaluation of colour representation in Digital Architectural Images used for communication. The purpose of the investigation is to investigate the divide in the perceptual evaluation of digital architectural colour between Architects and their Clients, with the overall goals being to:
a) Establish if there is a true divide between these 2 groups surrounding digital colour representations of architecture
b) Evaulate the credibility and quality of these image forms as a communicative source within the architectural design industry
c) Develop a mean of delineation to optimise the use of digital colour within digital architectural imaging, improving its communicative value.

I am currently though seeking subjects to particpate in a number of online experiments dealing with specific sections attuned to the perceptual evaluation of colour. In total, there are 5 online experiments, all which take around 10-15 minutes to complete. If you are interested in the research area I would be most grateful if you could participate in one or more of the experiments. As i sai, they are all based online, at the following address: http://www.wlv.ac.uk/~e9718602

All of the investigations are completed anaonymous to protect the data submitted, and considering the data sample am requiring to validate this research, if you, one of your collegues, or any person you know would be willing to particpate it would be the greatest of help.

Furthermore, if anyone would like to contribute any other information about this subject for my research, this also would be of great help.

If there are any queries or questions about the investigation, please do not hesitate to contact me at P.J.Bailey@wlv.ac.uk

Thanks a lot for you help,

Paul Bailey
University of Wolverhampton

ArchitectureWeek     Buildings     Architects     Types & Styles     Search
Library     Places     Building Photos     Free 3D Models     Archiplanet

Architecture Search   by name of Building, Architect, or Place:

Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"
Advanced Search

Post a Response -

Subject:       

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Architecture Forum | Students Forum | Scrapbook | Home Design | 3D Gallery | E-Design

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/discussion/27844.html