Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: What is it that makes architects famous?

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Prince Martin on June 25, 2003 at 20:21:26:

In Reply to:  What is it that makes architects famous? posted by Justin Hui on June 25, 2003 at 12:30:05:

well first you break it down this way. Architects are artists and have carreers and celebrity structures similar to painters. They are either famous posthumusely, or exalted for their originality of design. I would like to emphasize that you may be confusing architects with engineers, i have to admit we live in a world where engineers can claim the title architect, but modern architecture is and i quote" the architecture of sheer economy.....any beauty produced is purely seconday" So i say we have trendy engineers as modern architects.....they are not architects at all for architects are artists and modern culture shuns art and ornamentation for sheer engineering. We live now in a culture of economy, money has consumed everything and now people are so cost based that they wont buy something they really like even if they can afford it, just to save money. So what would you rather have a yard full of things you sortof like or a few things you really like. wow that was out on a tangent....i hope somewhere in my despereate rant i touched on your answer.

ArchitectureWeek     Buildings     Architects     Types & Styles     Search
Library     Places     Building Photos     Free 3D Models     Archiplanet

Architecture Search   by name of Building, Architect, or Place:

Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"
Advanced Search

Post a Response -

Subject:       

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Architecture Forum | Students Forum | Scrapbook | Home Design | 3D Gallery | E-Design

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/discussion/27862.html