Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: Architects make major coin!!!

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  A Marino on July 21, 2003 at 13:24:05:

In Reply to:  Architects make major coin!!! posted by Metaphoracle on July 18, 2003 at 22:51:23:

I want to get a realistic estimate of what a new graduate can make in the first year of working. Are we talking ~50-60k a year or are we talking ~20-30k a year. Does it take about 10 years to make a very good salary(200k plus) or just a six figure salary. I know I should follow my passion but its difficult for me to give up a career in which I make a pretty good sum of money for my age. Added to that is a lot of negative opinion on this board that makes me think that maybe the architecture and design industry is just the way IT is ,in my eyes, at least. Maybe its eventually just a job no matter what industry. I dont want to come across as negative, I just want to be darn sure I am doing the right thing, I have worked for 7 years, so I dont have any rose tinted view of the work world any more. I have a lot of financial freedom and strength to lose by making this change, though my present industry is making me miserable. Any practical advice?

ArchitectureWeek     Buildings     Architects     Types & Styles     Search
Library     Places     Building Photos     Free 3D Models     Archiplanet

Architecture Search   by name of Building, Architect, or Place:

Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"
Advanced Search

Post a Response -

Subject:       

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Architecture Forum | Students Forum | Scrapbook | Home Design | 3D Gallery | E-Design

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/discussion/28225.html