Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - i've found the ultimate sense of achievement!

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  oopmahs27 on July 24, 2003 at 21:49:35:

obviously the tone in this forum is very negative. i pointed out in another post that someone once wrote architects are dogs. I really pity the person who stumbles in here. Naïve students, like me, would probably want to cry because they’d think their time and money spent on studying has been a waste. And perfectly satisfied and employed architects would probably want a career change after reading several theories of architects going extinct in the future.

But there are a few here who remain optimistic about a life in architecture. There are a few who can endure incompetent employers and unpredictable clients and flawed firms. There are a few who can look beyond the meager paycheck and enjoy the finished product and the learning experience!

To these people I give thanks for. Their honest and optimistic words encouraged me to dare to take a chance with architecture. I have recently enrolled in an architecture class. Truth be told, the work is tedious, boring, and if slightly off by one eighteenth of a degree… completely useless. The environment is fast-paced and the people are competitive and grumpy. And the criticism… ouch!

But to walk out of that studio every night for the past 3 weeks, knowing I have done good work… and learned sooo much….. all the competition, all the frustration, all the paper cuts, all the criticism, all the ink spills, all the all-nighters….it’s all worth it!

I’m not as eloquent as some others here in the forum but it can’t be that hard to say:
Architecture does have a future! There is a life in architecture!

So thanks to all those people who encourages everyone to continue the search for the ultimate sense of achievement.

*however am still foggy about the various fields of architecture. what is architectural engineering? how is it different from architecture. what kind of classes should i take to prepare for architectural engineering? Again, I’ll really appreciate all the advice!

ArchitectureWeek     Buildings     Architects     Types & Styles     Search
Library     Places     Building Photos     Free 3D Models     Archiplanet

Architecture Search   by name of Building, Architect, or Place:

Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"
Advanced Search

Post a Response -

Subject:       

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Architecture Forum | Students Forum | Scrapbook | Home Design | 3D Gallery | E-Design

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/discussion/28289.html