Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: INFLUENCE OF THE BUILT ENVIRONMENT

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Aksin Ahmed Siddiqi on August 05, 2003 at 03:01:43:

In Reply to:  INFLUENCE OF THE BUILT ENVIRONMENT posted by KATIE OSBORNE on July 31, 2003 at 06:41:07:

Hi Katie
I am an architect practising in my home country, Bangladesh. you have a very interesting topic as a research. I don't know whether my childhood experience shall help or nt, but I sure would like to try.

i come from a very powerful family of my country. We hev two ministers and lots of MPs in my family. But my father is a civil engineer and he owns one of the biggest companies in my country. o, form my childhood a goal was set before me to become an engineer or an architect. In that way I can take over the company. Therefore from my childhood I was enrolled in an art school, along with my brother. I was brought to the office several times and I was forced to think that the profession is great. So, I had a childhood where the dream (though custom made) was to become an engineer or an architect.

Then sceneries changed. My father got backstabbed by some of his engineer partners and the company became a failure. Then I was encouraged not to become an architect. but my mind was already set then. At that period I was fully aware of the profession and was determined that I shall become an architect not and engineer. because, i simply loved everything about architecure, not engineering. Becoming an architect in bangladesh was very difficult those days. we had only two schools and very limited seats. There was a huge competition, but I managed. I think its because of my drawing abilities which was imposed during my childhood. After all these years, here I am, a ful architect, working in my fathers company, side by side with my father. our company is slowly standing on its feet again and I think i am a bit responsible for it.

But, id I become an architect for the company? The answer is NO, DEFINITELY NOT. I became an architect because I love the profession. i used to skip classes in the school days so tha I can visit beautiful houses.

thats all I guess. Let me now if you have any other quarries

Bye
Aksin Ahmed Siddiqi
49 Satmasjid Road
dhanmondi Dhaka
Bangladesh

ArchitectureWeek     Buildings     Architects     Types & Styles     Search
Library     Places     Building Photos     Free 3D Models     Archiplanet

Architecture Search   by name of Building, Architect, or Place:

Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"
Advanced Search

Post a Response -

Subject:       

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Architecture Forum | Students Forum | Scrapbook | Home Design | 3D Gallery | E-Design

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/discussion/28489.html