Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: Let me ask it this way :

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  The Owl on August 18, 2003 at 14:05:35:

In Reply to:  Let me ask it this way : posted by Per Corell on August 18, 2003 at 06:57:29:

Okay, I have to ask, having never seen an explanation.... If you are going to build a very tall structure or one with very long horizontal spans, how are your 3dh structures of thin sheet metal going to support the weight or the compressive loads? It doesn't matter how perfectly you load 100kg on an aluminum soda can, if you only touch the side wall under such a load, the entire can collapses 90+ %.

Please answer only this question as simply and directly as possible, with out the rehtoric about seeing a new way to build etc. etc.

This question has been put to you many times, yet your explanation has never been satisfactory. You always digress to a philosophical monologue. This is why you are harshly criticized.

I have spoken against those who berate you without intelligent comments in their attacks, but I support the call from those who have asked you repeatedly to explain your methods in a substantive way.

The popular advice from many celebrities these days is: "don't give up on your dreams". This advice is counter productive without also advising that we develop a plan to make our dreams come true and then work diligently to implement the plan, step by step.

Your dream appears to have no plan, or it plunges headlong through the questions of those who are in a position to help you. Answer the real questions from the architectural community and, if your ideas have a basis in reality, you may be able to advance them beyond the conceptual imaging stage.

Please do not respond to the issues of personal attacks, dreams, reality, diligent work, status quo, celebrity, conceptual imaging, or any topic other than the structural question.

ArchitectureWeek     Buildings     Architects     Types & Styles     Search
Library     Places     Building Photos     Free 3D Models     Archiplanet

Architecture Search   by name of Building, Architect, or Place:

Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"
Advanced Search

Post a Response -

Subject:       

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Architecture Forum | Students Forum | Scrapbook | Home Design | 3D Gallery | E-Design

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/discussion/28749.html