Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: Let me ask it this way :

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  The Owl on August 19, 2003 at 11:50:10:

In Reply to:  Re: Let me ask it this way : posted by Per Corell on August 19, 2003 at 01:33:04:

Good grief. You write a defensive reply as if I am attacking you and trying to get others to join the attack. I have written in your defense in the past and your methods are interesting to me. I think there is genius in your work.

But like most genius, all of your intelligence seems to be in the area of your art and you have none left for social relationships. If you had social sense, you would see that I am a supporter of your ideas and am trying to draw out answers from you on the questions we all have.

The graphic you put in your post of a residential gambrel roof poses no problem. The loads are small enough that it could nearly be built of strong cardboard. My question is about supporting a lot of weight.

How about a 50 story building? The question is about the thickness of the sheet metal at the base of the structure. Doesn't it have to be thicker than the sheet metal near the 49th and 50th floors? Of course we all understand your house of cards analogy, and we can easily see how angled members strengthen each other and make a unitised structure.

If you have explained this before in another post, I have not seen it. If you can direct me to a post where you have answered structural questions, please do, otherwise I won't look for it. You have so many posts with so much philosophical monologue that the search would take too long.

It is not helpful to talk about steel boats in an arguementitive way. Please answer the question.

ArchitectureWeek     Buildings     Architects     Types & Styles     Search
Library     Places     Building Photos     Free 3D Models     Archiplanet

Architecture Search   by name of Building, Architect, or Place:

Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"
Advanced Search

Post a Response -

Subject:       

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Architecture Forum | Students Forum | Scrapbook | Home Design | 3D Gallery | E-Design

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/discussion/28770.html