Posted by Allan dransfield on October 13, 2003 at 06:37:15:
Dear all Architectural genius...
In response to recent discussions and suggestions on music & Architecture, i was hoping that i may be able to get some views on a similar project which i am involved in...
I'm studying Transport design at Coventry University, in my 4th year of an Mdes.
With my major project hanging over my head i am currently imersed in the world of muic, the outcome being a vehicle inspired by music...
The transition of music into form is the basic topic, and so far i have outlined afew pontential sub-topics to investigate:-
- THEORY OF MUSIC, use in ancient times, Golden section etc.
- SOUND OF PAINTING, artists influenced by music
- MUSICAL ANALOGIES IN ARCHITECTURE, Libeskind, Gehry, E.Martin' Bk?
- GRAPHIC REPRESENTATION OF MOVEMENT, Paul Klee-Bauhaus, modern graphics
- COMMUNICATION, visual media player programme, CD covers
- SCULPTURE, &other art forms..?
- FILM, fantazia
- MOVEMENT & DANCE, dancer interpretations of diff' musical genres
...If anybody should have any interest, thoughts, reccomendations/advice or experience in this area, i would much appreciate some input. Any links, references, or the opportunity to view a thesis on the topic would be fantastic.
Please get in touch,
Types & Styles
Library Places Building Photos Free 3D Models Archiplanet