Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - general design

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  figaro on October 21, 2003 at 21:35:48:

Hello,
I am a finish carpenter (amoung other things) and work in high end residential construction. I have always been very interested in architectural design whether it be the exterior of a house or the design of interior components such as stairways, libraries, woodwork, etc. I am being called on more and more to "design" all kinds of different things and details primarily indoors. I enjoy the challenge and freedom of doing this and know visually when something is "right". But I struggle greatly with it as I am also somewhat of a perfectionist. Most of what we do is very traditional.
My question is; is their somewhere I can go to get information (a crash course) on basic design rules such as proportion and scale? Mostly I'm talking about form and asthetics. Also, design ideas. I suppose I'm taling about "design 101". As you can probably tell I have no former training in this but am very interested.
Thank you in advance,
figaro

ArchitectureWeek     Buildings     Architects     Types & Styles     Search
Library     Places     Building Photos     Free 3D Models     Archiplanet

Architecture Search   by name of Building, Architect, or Place:

Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"
Advanced Search

Post a Response -

Subject:       

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Architecture Forum | Students Forum | Scrapbook | Home Design | 3D Gallery | E-Design

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/discussion/30225.html