Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: Donald

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Donald on November 05, 2003 at 08:51:32:

In Reply to:  Donald posted by Ruger on November 05, 2003 at 05:55:38:

In answer to all your questions, and then some:

Who are you? A Registered Architect in 6 states, have worked for SOM Chicago Office for 5 years after graduating, which was really an good extension of my education and great introduction into the real world of big building architecture, and then worked with two other major firms in Atlanta from 1985 to 1999.I started my own office in 1999 and have been working at keeping it going since then. We OUTSOURCE with many others for alot of our work, including firms from as far away as Thailand, and seem to do pretty good at it.

What are your credentials? Professional Registered Architect, AIA member since 1982,and NCARB Member. Projects I have participated in ranged in scale from Master Planned all 36 venues for the Olympic Games in 1996 in Atlanta, worked on the Asian Games venue planning and master plan in Bangkok Thailand, and other event world event planning, was on the Rowes Wharf - Boston competition team for SOM, and worked on many other high rise projects while with them in the downtown Chicago area. On the smaller scale side, I have also worked on numerous house projects whether new, additions, and/or renovations.

Who do you work for? I work for Legacy Design Architects, My own firm.

What is your position there? One of Two Principal Owners.

Where did you go to school? Masters Graduate of Architecture at U of Illinois,(1979), Taught Design Studio for 3rd and 4th year undergraduates there for 2 years, while working for a small firm on campus and completing my thesis there (sports stadia complex for Chicago lakefront - BEARS, BULLS and City of Chicago Parks Development)

Are you registered? Yes, been registered since 1982.

Where? Active registration in Illinois, Georgia and Wisconsin,nonactive in Arkansas, Oklahoma, and currently in process of obtaining a Florida registration.

As what? As a registered professional architect of course.

Why do you feel you can offer all of this wide-ranging infromation-- you must be GOOD!
You are only as good (in offering valid information), as the work one produces and the knowledge one posesses from individual living, working and educational experiences. I have lived in big cities such as Chicago, Atlanta and Bangkok, and I have traveled the world over while working for projects in Korea, Japan, Thailand and the Middle East, being exposed to many experiences.I have worked for over 25 years in the field of Architecture, and I have been working at being an architect since the age of 9, when drawing floor plans of a 3 flat apartment building in Chicago, and taking Architecture Classes since grade 8 in elementary.

I guess all this classifies me as somewhat an experienced architect that I believe I can offer those in need, a response to their question. As a caviat, you should believe in only the information offered here, only after you have done your own research to verify what you have read is true. I try to be as open and honest as I can, sometimes GOOD, sometimes maybe not so good...but I let you be the judge, and I hope this answers what you are asking.

ArchitectureWeek     Buildings     Architects     Types & Styles     Search
Library     Places     Building Photos     Free 3D Models     Archiplanet

Architecture Search   by name of Building, Architect, or Place:

Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"
Advanced Search

Post a Response -

Subject:       

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Architecture Forum | Students Forum | ArchitectureWeek Scrapbook | Home Design | 3D Gallery

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/discussion/30581.html