Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: bristol blob

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  brian on November 06, 2003 at 11:02:24:

In Reply to:  bristol blob posted by Alex on November 06, 2003 at 02:36:01:

i had a few friends who graduated from columbia graduate school a few years ago with nothing but blobs in their portfolio. they even did a small "pavilion" at ps1/moma which was well received. i think that as the technology to conceive and eventually construct amorphous blobs develops, we're going to see blob designs mature and become more integrated rather than be one-off showpieces. i enjoy seeing them as demonstrations of being able to push limits and push buttons.
as our culture chews up and spits out a new fad every year or so (backstreet who?), it's easy to see how people have already tired of blob architecture. i think it's important to see how it develops. i mean, some people tired of zaha hadid's theoretical work pretty quickly, but then she started building. today, she's not considered fashionable anymore, but legitimately talented. (just don't get me started about gehry)

ArchitectureWeek     Buildings     Architects     Types & Styles     Search
Library     Places     Building Photos     Free 3D Models     Archiplanet

Architecture Search   by name of Building, Architect, or Place:

Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"
Advanced Search

Post a Response -

Subject:       

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Architecture Forum | Students Forum | ArchitectureWeek Scrapbook | Home Design | 3D Gallery

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/discussion/30626.html