Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: Discouraged at the comments.

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Jeremiah on November 06, 2003 at 20:00:19:

In Reply to:  Discouraged at the comments. posted by Justin Hui on November 06, 2003 at 15:53:36:

I'm a fulltime architectural technologist and a part time architectural student at night. I have only been in the business for around seven years; but I know this: Architecture has the most promise of being the most fulfilling career for me. But I believe it's a matter of several circumstances that combine and create the level of satisfaction that you can achieve. Your clients, your employer, the local conditions, your own ambitions. These all contribute to the type of career you can have. If you look at architecture as a possibly negative career, then you're off on the wrong foot. Don't let someone else's negative comments discourage you. Perhaps they've had bitter experiences and disappoints that have soured their views. Perhaps, like me, they're afraid to take risks and, while limiting the opportunities of failure and risk, have missed out on opportunities for true success (both in a business/financial sense, and a personal development sense). Sorry for ranting here, but i've been lacking motivation lately and being talking here I can get it out. : ) anyways...good luck.

Remember, if you find out that architecture isn't for you, the skills, knowledge, and experience that you gain along the way are usually so varied and expansive that they will assist you in any future ventures and career moves.

ArchitectureWeek     Buildings     Architects     Types & Styles     Search
Library     Places     Building Photos     Free 3D Models     Archiplanet

Architecture Search   by name of Building, Architect, or Place:

Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"
Advanced Search

Post a Response -

Subject:       

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Architecture Forum | Students Forum | ArchitectureWeek Scrapbook | Home Design | 3D Gallery

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/discussion/30646.html