Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: Savannah College of Art and design

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Megan on November 17, 2003 at 00:00:17:

In Reply to:  Savannah College of Art and design posted by Joe on October 18, 2003 at 21:51:00:

Dear Joe,

As a graduate from SCAD, I feel that the information you have been provided is somewhat flawed. I also heard the rumors about SCAD, and have found that most of these rumors were based around problems the college had in the mid-1980s.

SCAD is a fairly new school, and while it did have problems in the past with accredidation, it has recently been accredited and was a very intellectually stimulating environment. After having attended a premier college for my undergraduate program, I found that SCAD had a very in-depth and stimulating program. The students produced excellent work and had wonderful relationships with both their professors and each other.

All of my friends have received wonderful jobs after leaving SCAD, and I had the opportunity to intern at a wonderful museum/get a job as a curator at another museum. In addition, I have recently become a PhD student in my area of study. I could not have been more pleased with my experience.

The bureaucratic elements of the school leave a bit to be desired, but academically it was wonderful. I highly recommend SCAD as a school and Savannah as a town for living in. Best of luck!

P.S. Regardless of where you receive your degree, you will need to have an internship with an architecture firm after you graduate to receive full certification. In addition, it is recommended that all architecture students get a masters degree in order to practice.

Megan

ArchitectureWeek     Buildings     Architects     Types & Styles     Search
Library     Places     Building Photos     Free 3D Models     Archiplanet

Architecture Search   by name of Building, Architect, or Place:

Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"
Advanced Search

Post a Response -

Subject:       

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Architecture Forum | Students Forum | ArchitectureWeek Scrapbook | Home Design | 3D Gallery

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/discussion/30917.html