Message - Re: Masters of Urban Planning/Urban Design

    Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Tom on November 22, 2003 at 22:07:49:

In Reply to:  Masters of Urban Planning/Urban Design posted by Kevin Chastine on October 21, 2003 at 14:07:16:

Many other schools that offer both planning and architecture as well as landcape architecture. (I've found most most urban designers are either landscape architects or architects with some urban planning training.) So, you could go that route and get a degree in architecture or landscape architecture.

However, a few schools offer degrees specifically in urban design. Cal-Berkeley and Washington University in St. Louis are two. Harvard might as well as the University of Toronto. However, if you go that route, you won't be on the track to become a "licensed professional" in the way that landscape architects and architects can.

Good luck.

ArchitectureWeek     Buildings     Architects     Types & Styles     Search
Library     Places     Building Photos     Free 3D Models     Archiplanet

Architecture Search   by name of Building, Architect, or Place:
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"
Advanced Search

Post a Response -


This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

    1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Architecture Forum | Students Forum | ArchitectureWeek Scrapbook | Home Design | 3D Gallery

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only.