Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: Trying to spark my creativity.

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Josh on November 28, 2003 at 08:27:35:

In Reply to:  Trying to spark my creativity. posted by Justin Hui on November 13, 2003 at 15:31:02:

I am also a highschool student looking forward to studying architecture at teh University of Kansas. Creativity is something that grows in you and you just need to find it. I found that certain things pop in my head that are amazing design ideas and the idea is to get tehm down on paper as fast as you can. Thats what architectural sketching is all about. One thing that might help you, that ahs truely helped me, is aquiring a mentor. I have a mentor who is helping prepare me and is also making my first model with me. He is five and a half year into teh arcitecture program and has really opened my eyes. Someone with experience like that can always be a big eye opener and help bring out your creativity. Another thing, learn ALL you can. I'm still a year or two away from going to colloege and I love the fact that I can already look at a building design and tell who teh architect was just by the style. Architecture is a very challenging field. Learn all you can to prepare yourself. As for creativity, just sketch what comes to your mind. Not everything is going to be perfect, it just needs work.

ArchitectureWeek     Buildings     Architects     Types & Styles     Search
Library     Places     Building Photos     Free 3D Models     Archiplanet

Architecture Search   by name of Building, Architect, or Place:

Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"
Advanced Search

Post a Response -

Subject:       

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Architecture Forum | Students Forum | ArchitectureWeek Scrapbook | Home Design | 3D Gallery

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/discussion/31223.html