Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: Inter-Faith centre ideas and program?

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  SaSoDe on December 29, 2003 at 12:13:44:

In Reply to:  Inter-Faith centre ideas and program? posted by Manish Desai on December 29, 2003 at 07:32:26:

We are doing a competition for interfaith. I am not sure if u r doing a competition or a commission.
I canít give out our groupís strategy but I can say it is possible, but it requires a great deal of compromise from all of the religions. It is, at this stage of history, impossible to build such a thing. There are still people who are fundamentalists and do not respect the existence of other religions. It will take at least couple of hundred years for people to get to use to this concept.
but if u design this for the people who will accept such a thing, try to focus on the commonalities in the religious, go and study their roots and background, and you will be surprised that all of these come from the same concept and idea, and try to incorporate that in your design.

ArchitectureWeek     Buildings     Architects     Types & Styles     Search
Library     Places     Building Photos     Free 3D Models     Archiplanet

Architecture Search   by name of Building, Architect, or Place:

Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"
Advanced Search

Post a Response -

Subject:       

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Architecture Forum | Students Forum | Scrapbook | Home Design | 3D Gallery | E-Design

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/discussion/32309.html