Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: Inter-Faith centre ideas and program?

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Manish Desai on December 30, 2003 at 09:50:18:

In Reply to:  Re: Inter-Faith centre ideas and program? posted by Robert Habiger on December 29, 2003 at 08:49:47:

Sir,
Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve. So even thoh it has not happened historically, in mind its seed are sown. Also, St. Francis of Assisi said, “start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible”
Its coincidence that just yesterday I surfed to the site ‘faithform.com’, still to see your site. About multiple deities in India, it will not be problem since Like Jesus (son of God), each of deities was coming to do their duty according to times. Nevertheless, here there is still the concept of One God.
Basic logic is if there are even two Gods one will say let there be rain, one will see let there be no rain. So, it is not possible. Only there is gradual change in perspective, thus if the inner-fire(perspective) is rekindled things will truly turn better.
About the symbol, may be cross or edifices or anything; it is secondary matter. The pertinent issue is of the true principals of humanity, and unity, which precedes the intricacy, and details of all faiths. When world trade centre was attacked people of all backgrounds joined peace initiative. If you can give me ur mail id I can give you a trailor on peace. Again I still more points to answer to ur questions. The basic thing is positiveness in approach. Even if the jurer is pessimistic or may be questions wrongly he will nod be able to judge properly due to his lens being coloured to suit his flavours only. The initiative has to come from within, first from within the participant, the architect, the jurers.
As u will observe, Jesus came in form of ordinary simple person. We can say they( all Gods), were most most most extraordinary in most most most simplest forms. So form and design will be simple. Why scrunch up for complexity? If we work on positives, +ves will pop out. Then will be inter-faith centre be successful. May be I have wrote more of ideas then design alternatives but I believe ideas rule the world. India is mystical land which will surely fascinate you. Looking forward for better initiative and communication. Not really lookin for winning as main criteria but hope this initiative is more encouraged and practised to make world a better place to live in.
when the setting sun asked,
who shall do the rest?
A little lamp offered
"I shall do my best"
regards
Manish(dreamermanish@hotmail.com)

ArchitectureWeek     Buildings     Architects     Types & Styles     Search
Library     Places     Building Photos     Free 3D Models     Archiplanet

Architecture Search   by name of Building, Architect, or Place:

Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"
Advanced Search

Post a Response -

Subject:       

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Architecture Forum | Students Forum | Scrapbook | Home Design | 3D Gallery | E-Design

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/discussion/32328.html