Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - will the real Polly Anna please reply

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Donald on January 14, 2004 at 11:37:18:

In Reply to:  Re: Don't anti-trust litigation against NCARB posted by William on January 14, 2004 at 06:28:46:

NCARB has one primary function for expereienced architects.-- to collect and distribute information about the professional backgrounds of regieterd architects who seek to become registerd in other states.

and I wrote:

the NCARB facilitates the exchange of an architects credentials through its programs to develop common liscensing procedures...

we are in agreement!

You wrote:
Their's is NOT a function of evaluation-- that belongs to the states-- nor exclusion.

I wrote no words about evaluations...

You wrote:
"They are NOT decision makers, but a clearinghouse for the transfer of technical [not personal activity]information."

I wrote:
The NCARB promotes uniform liscensing procedures and otherwise furthers such reciprocity.

again we are in agreement!

You wrote:
"They should set no criteria,and the various state boards should stick to their state laws in regard to the parameters imposed."

Your opinion needs to be backed up with substance. If there was "NO CRITERIA" set, we may truely be governed by the least of us. BTW, the state boards DO stick to their state laws. Each state varies and you should learn them before moving past GO.

You wrote:
"They also need to learn that they are a "service" organziation, and get off the combative attitude they hold to"....and ...Thye have screwed up the A.R.E. causing all too graduates many to avoid it, and the IDP of their's is a shambles. They pay attention to conceptual and nonsensical issues and too little to things that really matter-- like making themselves better

I'm sorry you went to combat with NCARB....you sound like the real Polly Anna.

ArchitectureWeek     Buildings     Architects     Types & Styles     Search
Library     Places     Building Photos     Free 3D Models     Archiplanet

Architecture Search   by name of Building, Architect, or Place:

Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"
Advanced Search

Post a Response -

Subject:       

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Architecture Forum | Students Forum | Scrapbook | Home Design | 3D Gallery | E-Design

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/discussion/32610.html