Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: how to go about getting a foreign internship

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  cintha on January 15, 2004 at 16:40:45:

In Reply to:  how to go about getting a foreign internship posted by KL on January 13, 2004 at 14:56:04:

well, i'm a student myself and I have the same problems as yours a few months ago..i couldn't tell you much, because I'm still looking for the answers myself, but from the information that I have gathered, maybe I can share some of them with you..hopefully that will help..:)

For an internship, from what I've heard, yes, you'll need both reccomendations from your profesor and the portfolios are equally important. The firms would judge your performance based on your portfolio before they can agree to accept you.

if you're a graduating senior, you'll need special permit called the OPT before you can do internship, however, if u're only a sophomore or junior, ur student visa should be sufficient, but you should still process some paper works with your college's immigration office. You'll need to consult your immigration office about the matter.

According to the upperclassmen, summer internships may or may not be paid, depending on your employer. Besides, the firms will look into your skills and your level of competencies as well. If you're still a freshman or a sophomores, it may be more difficult to get internship, but there's always no harm trying to apply. :)

I would suggest you to attend the career fair and internship fair that your college might offer. They are really useful to find out more information and asking questions that might have doubted you.

I hope this information would help. Good Luck! :)

-Yacintha

ArchitectureWeek     Buildings     Architects     Types & Styles     Search
Library     Places     Building Photos     Free 3D Models     Archiplanet

Architecture Search   by name of Building, Architect, or Place:

Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"
Advanced Search

Please follow up at our  Architecture Students Forum

Architecture Forum | Students Forum | Scrapbook | Home Design | 3D Gallery | E-Design

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/discussion/32643.html