Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: Stripping homes

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  nadine on January 18, 2004 at 14:37:47:

In Reply to:  Stripping homes posted by Justin Hui on January 17, 2004 at 11:22:28:

I think you make a good point Justin. In my work as an interior designer, I believe home design is much more about lifestyle and relaxation than it is about following any particular trend. People want their homes to be places of sanctuaries where they can relax and chill out often in total privacy. They don't want to live in a fish bowl and they do not want the whole world looking in on them.
Before moving from england to Australia, I lived in a very un English house (don't know how it ever got passed the planning stage in the UK as it was so different). The lounge had a wall of glass that had beautiful views across fields and I really loved this aspect. But....the house was contained in an acre of private grounds and garden so I felt easy with living behind glass. Had this same house been without it's privacy factor, I wouldn't have lived there at all.
Lots of Australian houses have big glass features. Unless they are built North facing, this design feature can be a real minus because of the high heat. Needless to say, I don't live in such a house. I like to escape from the world every now and again and go into hiding :-)

Nadine

ArchitectureWeek     Buildings     Architects     Types & Styles     Search
Library     Places     Building Photos     Free 3D Models     Archiplanet

Architecture Search   by name of Building, Architect, or Place:

Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"
Advanced Search

Post a Response -

Subject:       

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Architecture Forum | Students Forum | Scrapbook | Home Design | 3D Gallery | E-Design

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/discussion/32685.html