Message - Re: Legal versus common names/services

    Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Ralph on January 20, 2004 at 04:04:47:

In Reply to:  Legal versus common names/services posted by M on January 19, 2004 at 13:42:39:

All states have a registration law for architects. Many require a full degree, and from an accredited school of architecture. One is forbidden from "stamping" and signing documents without the full registration. That process involves taking an extensive examination, and meeting other requirements of the law [which may include an internship period]. In many states, one cannot use the work "architect" or even "architectural" in any context without being licensed. Some states also register interior designers but not a great many. I assume the requirements and prohibitions are roughly the same as for architects. There is a lot of controversy about this, as the interior folks do not have the background for complete building design, and so the limits of their practice is in question.

ArchitectureWeek     Buildings     Architects     Types & Styles     Search
Library     Places     Building Photos     Free 3D Models     Archiplanet

Architecture Search   by name of Building, Architect, or Place:
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"
Advanced Search

Post a Response -


This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

    1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Architecture Forum | Students Forum | Scrapbook | Home Design | 3D Gallery | E-Design

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only.