Message - Re: Legal versus common names/services

    Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  crystal on January 22, 2004 at 18:53:56:

In Reply to:  Re: Legal versus common names/services posted by Ralph on January 20, 2004 at 04:04:47:

I am in Interior Design school and your right there is a lot of confrentation about title laws and so forth, however, there is a difference for us as well we cannot call ourselves interior designers until we are through passing all 6 components of the NCIDQ, but we must work for a year after school then are eligable to take it. If you have 2 years of school you are just a decorator! As for as stamping and signing plans we cannot do that unless we go to grad school for Architecture, but we do have a lot of the design background as you do because we dont take structures, but we take buildings systems and components and so on.

ArchitectureWeek     Buildings     Architects     Types & Styles     Search
Library     Places     Building Photos     Free 3D Models     Archiplanet

Architecture Search   by name of Building, Architect, or Place:
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"
Advanced Search

Post a Response -


This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

    1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Architecture Forum | Students Forum | Scrapbook | Home Design | 3D Gallery | E-Design

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only.