Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: Per Square Foot Cost?

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Willis on January 23, 2004 at 08:38:52:

In Reply to:  Per Square Foot Cost? posted by Long Island on January 23, 2004 at 04:20:24:

Book Review of Exceptional Homes - A Cost Guide for High-Value and Unique Residences (1998 edition), published by Marshall & Swift. Order at www.marshallswift.com . The price is $49.95.

Published in the October, 1998 issue of Appraisal Today. Reviewed by Ann O'Rourke. Copyrighted. For reprint permission Contact Us.

Have you ever appraised a home with a construction cost over $200 per sq.ft.? How about a straw-bale home? A few months ago I appraised a home with a construction cost (per the builder) of $250 per sq.ft. Since it was a new home and an overimprovement, I made lots of calls to figure out if the estimate was correct. Now, I have a new book to use for a reference. I will still have to make some calls, but at least I have a starting point.

Exceptional Homes - A Cost Guide for High-Value and Unique Residences (1998 edition), published by Marshall & Swift, is similar to their other cost books, providing data for both the square foot and segregated cost methods. The manual covers high-value homes up to 20,000 square feet costing $100 to $400 per square foot.
The book has many black and white photographs of exteriors and interiors of homes.

This might be a place to start-- although the New York area, and especially the Hamptons may prove to be even priceyer!--

ArchitectureWeek     Buildings     Architects     Types & Styles     Search
Library     Places     Building Photos     Free 3D Models     Archiplanet

Architecture Search   by name of Building, Architect, or Place:

Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"
Advanced Search

Post a Response -

Subject:       

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Architecture Forum | Students Forum | Scrapbook | Home Design | 3D Gallery | E-Design

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/discussion/32811.html