Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Architects help! USC student questioning transfer to RISD...

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  James Viscardi on January 28, 2004 at 23:33:17:

New Yorker here who decided to stray to the West Coast, now looking to transfer back east. I previously applied and was accepted to University of Southern California (USC), Carnegie Mellon University(CMU), Illinois Institute of Technology(IIT), RISD, Syracuse, and PRATT.
I am not satisfied with USC and am much more of a New England mentality and lifestyle. I often question the standing of the architecture school here and would like outside opinions. Does USC not measure up in the architecture world? How is RISD placed among schools, I love the creative environment, something which is lacking at USC. Which school will benefit me more later in life?
I am the Crown Scholarship recipient at IIT and also hold a full Trustee Scholarship to USC and must make sure I am making the right decision by transferring to RISD. All comments and info are appreciated, thanks!!

ArchitectureWeek     Buildings     Architects     Types & Styles     Search
Library     Places     Building Photos     Free 3D Models     Archiplanet

Architecture Search   by name of Building, Architect, or Place:

Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"
Advanced Search

Please follow up at our  Architecture Students Forum

Architecture Forum | Students Forum | Scrapbook | Home Design | 3D Gallery | E-Design

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/discussion/32916.html