Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Designing a skateboard park

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Justin Hui on January 30, 2004 at 21:31:30:

I've just entered in this High school architecture competition. The competition is to design a skateboard park. So far, I do not know what specifications must be met, but I do have some ideas.
1) The ramps are interchangeable for flexible changing.
2) The park must have benches in which they can accomodate nearly 300 people. I plan to place them around and in the center of the "island", where people can watch skateboarding events from different viewpoints.
4) The half pipes are actually structures in which below the sides of the pipe, stores (skateboard shops, repair shops, beverage shops) can be located. A facade of transparent walls (plastic or glass) can be placed around certain areas of the park to ensure safety to the skaters.
5) The skateboard park mainly consists of different elevations in different parts of the park. One can consider that the ramps and pipes itself are not only served for skaters, but are also structures that will benefit for other purposes as mentioned above (stores, replenishing etc) It can be summerized as a structure in which it's roof is served for half pipes and ramps, and the structure below served for other purposes.
6) This design therefore allows skaters to immerse themselves in a fun, accessible to easy resting and replenishing environment, and allows spectators to watch the event in many views. Large flat spaces in the center of the park will be used for resting, replenishing (water fountains), and benches for spectators. Large spaces in between ramps and pipes provides more safety to the skaters in case of an accident where it is hard to travel in between ramps.
I plan to design this using CAD.
comments? Thanks

ArchitectureWeek     Buildings     Architects     Types & Styles     Search
Library     Places     Building Photos     Free 3D Models     Archiplanet

Architecture Search   by name of Building, Architect, or Place:

Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"
Advanced Search

Post a Response -

Subject:       

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Architecture Forum | Students Forum | Scrapbook | Home Design | 3D Gallery | E-Design

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. http://www.DesignCommunity.com/discussion/32953.html